Transformers Purchased in March 2012
It is the end of the month once again. From this point forward, at the end of every month, I will make a post about all the Transformers I bought for that month. I started this last month in this post, and I think I will continue the trend. And just like Feb, I bought a bunch of TFs in March.
- DOTM Basic Human Alliance Half-Track, Target, $6.92
- DOTM Deluxe Soundwave, eBay, $34.15 shipped
- TF Prime RID Deluxe Wheeljack, TRU, $14.99
- Masterpiece Optimus Prime (MP-10), Wondercon, $200
- Star Wars Crossover Clone Pilot Arc-170 Starfighter, Wondercon, $10
- TF Prime RID Bumblebee, Walmart, $12.88
- TF Prime RID Ratchet, Target, $12.99
- DOTM Deluxe Barricade, Walmart, $7.27
- DOTM Deluxe Jolt, Walmart, $7.27
- PCC Skyhammer, CVS Pharmacy, $8.49
- TF Prime RID Soundwave, TRU, $14.99
Some random thoughts as I look at what I bought this month:
- I got 11 TFs for the month: 4 DOTMs, 4 TFPs, 1 MP, 1 Star Wars TF, and 1 PCC.
- I opened DOTM Half-Track, DOTM Soundwave, TFP Wheeljack, TFP Bumblebee, TFP Ratchet, and PCC Skyhammer. The rest are unopened.
- Vigilant readers will notice that in Feb I got TFP Deluxe Bumblebee, and mentioned that I returned him back to TRU. I did that so I can get him again this month at a lower price somewhere else.
- It is for this same reason that I haven’t opened TFP Soundwave. I’m hoping to find him again for cheaper later.
- I bought a TF from CVS Pharmacy for the first time. I don’t usually hunt there, but I happened to see PCC Skyhammer which I didn’t see anywhere else. So I snagged it. Price wasn’t too bad either. Most non-discount stores still carry PCC 2-packs at $9.99. I thought CVS was gonna mark this up like everything else, so I was pleasantly surprised when they rung up $8.49 at checkout.
- Speaking of Skyhammer, why is PCC Skyhammer a Decepticon? DOTM Skyhammer is an Autobot. I’ve grown accustomed to seeing a TF character appearing very different from line to line, but switching allegiances? That’s just weird.
- I haven’t had any time to mess with MP-10, and that’s why he’s still unopened. I need to make time for this soon, especially considering he’s by far the most expensive piece here. Very looking forward to some quality time with what many is calling the best G1-style Optimus Prime ever made.
- Other than at the Target where I bought Half-Track, I have not seen him anywhere else. I started seeing him at this Target several months ago, but did not buy him b/c he’s simply a Sandstorm repaint. I only got him now since he’s on clearance. I wonder why he’s so rare in my area? In the pic above you’ll see that his left arm dislodged from the socket, but the figure is fine once it’s re-attached.
- DOTM Soundwave was bought on eBay from a Taiwan seller. This price is not too bad, considering he’s now Asia only.
- TFP Wheeljack and Ratchet are some of the best deluxe figures out there right now. Do not hesitate to grab these two if/when you find them.
- Bewteen this month and last month, the only TF I got at a discount store is Icepick from dd’s Discounts. I’m still very much hunting at discount stores regularly. Guess they just didn’t get anything good lately.
Too many TFs, too little time. Transform and Roll Out!